18/05/2014

Absence of color








Pictures by: Jelmer Steenhuis
Black and white have it all. Some people think they are boring, but in fact they can be very interesting. Like when you play with your silhouette, by wearing the right design and, even more important, the right cut. It´s the base of my wardrobe and it makes every outfit work.
When choosing basics I´m always careful. There are so many options to go with out there, but most are made of bad fabrics. The basics that I´m wearing today are made of viscose. Personally I love this fabric. It breathes like cotton, it can be colored a much deeper shade and as a result of that it will retain it´s color very well. This is very important especially with black.
For some time I have been searching for a top like this. Without second thoughts I also bought it in black. The ones I found before had a low cut on the back and under the arms, which made it impossible to wear a bra underneath. This shirt has a higher cut and so makes it possible to wear a bra. Because we don´t all have that flat figure you see in the media. Most woman have a realistic figure with beautiful curves.
The scarf is one of the pieces I can´t go without. It´s convenient in a lot of ways, that I wil show you later...

Top: Mango // Buy here
Tregging: can´t remember // Buy similar here
Scarf: Perfectlybasics // Buy here
Shoes: Zara // Buy here
Bag: Georges Rech // Buy here
Earrings: Sacha // Buy here

No comments:

Post a Comment