16/09/2013

About My Nails




I prefer a natural look, but it has to look like you've been taking care of them and they have to look healthy and clean. The look aside, I don't want to spend time on it often.

I started with fake nails and have been trying the gell variant and the acrylic nails. After a year I concluded these were no options for me. I have been in different salons. I have been trying different collors and I even tried just a transparent gel layer on my own nails. That doesn't work for me either. I think it has a very thick, fake look and a fake color. Next to that, it is very expensive and it never stayed on my nails. I had to let it be repaired every week. It cost me too much money and too much frustration, plus I had strong nails myself which I was destroying by having fake nails.
I switched over to normal nailpolish which wasn't satisfying either because it was always cracking after one day (even if I bought it from a very expensive brand). But at least I didn't have to go back to the salon every week.

Lately I discovered Pink Gellac from the Pink Beauty Club.
This is my experience with Gellac.

Gellac will last longer than a normal nail polish. It dries immediatly and you don't need to do you're nails over and over.

In the beginning it was hopeless to me because it didn't stay on after the first day.
I thought that it was another disappointment.
When I contacted the costumer service they were very helpful, they told me they had a new nail cleaner and that they'll send it one to me.

After using the new cleaner:
Now it stays on for about one and a half weeks with beautiful results!

I have been trying this polish for a few months now and I'm very happy with the look of my nails.
It has a very high gloss effect and a very natural color witch makes me appriciate it more.

This nailpolish is just as easy as putting on french manicure with a normal nail polish and has as a big plus that it is dry emidietly.
It keeps you're own nails stronger and they won't split while wearing Gellac. So if you want, you can let you're nails grow.

The Gellac polish is a lot more expensive than normal nail polish. After weighing the pro's and cons it is worth it to me!

I will show you how to do a beautiful French manicure.
This is what I wear the most. It looks natural and fits in almost every picture, in stead of a bright color wich you have to combine with the cloth you wear.






This is all you need:

1: A ultra-violet lamp special for nail drying.
Tip: you don't need to buy the expensive one that belongs to the polish. Buy it second hand or from a wholesale business. Let yourself be informed about the quality or do research so you know you are buying the best.
2: A piece of paper (For a clean workspot)
3: Stopwatch (I'm using the stopwatch on my phone)
4: Nailfile (The one I'm using is from Herome)
5: Cuticle Pucher
6: Nailcleaner (They sell a remover as well, but I have never needed that one because the whole Gellac is going off on it self after one and a half week without cracking or losing small pieces)
7: Cotton pads (They sell special nail wipe's I have tried them too, but I think the result is the same when you use just regular cotton pads)
8: A small pencil (They sell a small pencil specially made for nail art. I have tried this one but they are very expensive and in my opinion a cheap small pencil from a paint art store works as well)
9: Pink Gellac Base
10: Pink Gellac color 101 (I have tried it in combination with the soft pink color 121, but I think this one gets very yellowish after a while. Now I do my nails without it and I think it looks more natural.)
11: Pink Gellac Shine (Top coat)





1

2

3

4


6



7

8



9

10



11

12


This are the steps:
1: Push you're cuticles back.
2: File you're nails on the nail surface. (make sure you do that on every spot ant don't forget the beginning and the tip of youre nails)
3: File you're nails in the form you want. (I chose for a very natural soft round form)
4: Clean them with the nailcleaner (make sure you don't forget any spot)
5: Stir the pollish before using, for a while (do not shake otherwise you will see bubbles in the result)
6: Bring the base on you're nails just as you would with a normal nail pollish.
7: Let the gellac base dry for 30 seconds under the uv-light.
8: Bring the color 101 on just the tip of you're nails with a small pencil.
9: Let the gellac dry for 2 minutes under the uv-light
10: Bring on the top coat just as you would with a normal nail pollish.
11: See step 9
12: Clean you're nails again with the nailcleaner (so you remove the sticky layer the gellack is leaving on youre nails)







Pictures by: Jelmer Steenhuis
Look at the result! Don't you think it is beautiful!



Tip:
  • Make sure you work on a clean underground otherwise you wil get dust or other things in the pollish which you will see in the result. I always clean the tabel and use paper as a undergroud
    before starting.
  • In the beginning, I was washing my hands before starting. When I stopped doing that, Gellac stayed better on my nails. This is because the nails are getting moist. So make sure you're nails are dry!

  • Stop using normal nail polish because that makes you're nails more brose. This causes Gellac to not stay very well.

  • Smooth out the polishbrush thoroughly because you only need a bit gellac for a thin layer. If you want more strength you can bring on more layers.

  • Make sure that you leave over 1 milimeter from you're nails to you're skin. When you don't, you will get a bumper at the beginning of you're nails. This will cause the gellac to wear off more easily.
  • Make sure you polish the end of the tip very well, but don't use to much gellac on the tip because that will create other bumpers which makes that the gellac will go off.

  • If you are not very good in doing the tip, dont give up, after practicing it a few times you will see you're result will get better.

  • After putting on the gellac you can use some handcream for the finishing touch. You're skin will dry out from the nailcleaner as you can see.

You can buy the beautiful colors of nail polish and more high quality nail products from Pink Gellac here: www.pinkgellac.nl









No comments:

Post a Comment